Downtown Louisville Hotels in The Heart of All Things Louisville... Just The Brown
Few cities the size of Louisville can boast such myriad attractions as their own ballet, orchestra, regional repertory theatre, children's theatre, opera, dinner theatre, and Shakespeare festival, and even fewer Downtown Louisville hotels can offer such luxurious accommodations this close to everything. When you stay at The Brown, you are close to it all.
The Brown Hotel is conveniently situated in the heart of Theatre Square, with The Brown Theater just next door and the famous Louisville Palace Theatre one block away. Actors Theatre, the Louisville Ballet and the Louisville Orchestra are one mile away. The city's new entertainment district, 4th Street Live! is just two blocks away. The regions leading research facilities and hospitals are only blocks away.
Exciting Activities & Attractions near Downtown Louisville Hotels
Louisville is home to the incomparable Kentucky Derby, referred to as the "most exciting two minutes in sports," as well as the Kentucky Derby Museum, the only museum in the world dedicated to a single horse race. Churchill Downs, home to the Kentucky Derby, is conveniently just three miles from The Brown. Tour the Louisville Slugger Museum — home to the world-famous Louisville Slugger baseball bat — which is just one mile from the hotel.
The country's oldest and most revered stoneware manufacturer, Louisville Stoneware Company, is located right in the heart of the city (one mile from the hotel) and boasts some of the most beautiful pottery patterns to be found anywhere. The Belle of Louisville, a National Landmark, is the oldest Mississippi-style sternwheeler in the country (two miles from the hotel).
The Louisville Zoo (seven miles from the hotel) welcomes Western lowland gorillas with the opening of the Gorilla Forest.
The Brown Hotel's Top 10 Things To Do in Louisville
...and Then Some.
Other Area Attractions in Louisville Include:
- The Brown Theater - Adjacent to Hotel
- Louisville Palace Theatre - 1/2 block
- Kentucky Center for the Arts - 7 blocks
- Muhammad Ali Center - 9 blocks
- Louisville Science Center/IMAX Theatre - 9 blocks
- Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft - 9 blocks
- Glassworks - 10 blocks
- Belle of Louisville - 10 blocks
- Thunder Over Louisville - 10 blocks
- Louisville Slugger Museum - 11 blocks
- Frazier History Museum - 12 blocks
- Old Louisville - 1 mile
- Slugger Field - 1 mile
- Louisville Stoneware - 1 mile
- University of Louisville - 1 mile
- Louisville Extreme Park - 1 mile
- Waterfront Park - 2 miles
- Joe Ley Antiques - 2 miles
- Louisville Mega Cavern - 7 miles
- Hadley Pottery - 3 miles
- Derby Dinner Playhouse - 4 miles
- Papa John's Cardinal Stadium - 5 miles
- Oxmoor Mall - 13 miles
- Mall of St. Matthews - 13 miles
- Quail Chase Golf Course - 15 miles
- Covered Bridge Golf Course - 16 miles
Business travelers to the city will find that the hotel is near to many corporate offices. The Kentucky International Convention Center is four blocks from the hotel and the Kentucky Expo Center is five miles away.
Businesses near Downtown Louisville Hotels include:
- Kindred Healthcare - Across the street
- Spalding University - 2 blocks
- Hilliard Lyons - 3 blocks
- PNC Plaza - 5 blocks
- Aegon Center - 6 blocks
- Humana - 7 blocks
- National City Tower - 7 blocks
- Brown Forman Corporation - 11 blocks
- Presbyterian Church Headquarters - 2 miles
- Sud Chemie - 3 miles
- UPS - 7 miles
Great restaurants, shopping, the museum district, and golf are also part of what makes Louisville a memorable place. And when you are staying at the elegant and landmark Brown Hotel, you are right in the heart of all of the action at the best place to be in the city!
When it is time to plan that special day, make your first visit to The Brown Hotel - where a magnificent setting, gracious service, and elegant cuisine reside.