Things to Do in Louisville
Things to Do in Louisville
Few cities the size of Louisville can boast such myriad attractions as their own ballet, orchestra, regional repertory theater, children's theater, opera, dinner theater, and Shakespeare festival, and even fewer Downtown Louisville hotels can offer such luxurious accommodations this close to everything. When you stay at The Brown, you are close to it all.
The Brown Hotel is conveniently situated in the heart of Theatre Square, with the Brown Theater just next door and the famous Louisville Palace Theatre one block away. More theaters, like Actors Theatre, the Louisville Ballet and the Louisville Orchestra, are only one mile away. And the city's entertainment district, 4th Street Live! is just two blocks away. In addition, the region's leading research facilities and hospitals are only blocks away.
Exciting Activities & Attractions in Louisville
Louisville is home to the incomparable Kentucky Derby, referred to as the "most exciting two minutes in sports," as well as the Kentucky Derby Museum, the only museum in the world dedicated to a single horse race. Churchill Downs, home to the Kentucky Derby, is conveniently just three miles from The Brown. For more sporting action, you can also tour the Louisville Slugger Museum—home to the world-famous Louisville Slugger baseball bat—which is just one mile from the hotel.
Besides sporting events and attractions, Louisville boasts interesting places to tour. The country's oldest and most revered stoneware manufacturer, Louisville Stoneware Company, is located right in the heart of the city, just one mile from the hotel. The art factory offers tours, a paint your own pottery experience and the retail store boasts some of the most beautiful pottery patterns to be found anywhere. Shipping is available if needed. Only two miles from The Brown, the Belle of Louisville, a National Landmark, is the oldest Mississippi-style sternwheeler in the country.
For those who prefer attractions a little more on the wild side, The Louisville Zoo is located seven miles from The Brown, and features a wide variety of animals, including Western lowland gorillas in the Gorilla Forest.
For more information about things to do in Louisville, peruse our guide to the Top 10 Things To Do in Louisville.
Businesses near Our Downtown Louisville Hotel
- Kindred Healthcare - Across the street
- Spalding University - 2 blocks
- Hilliard Lyons - 3 blocks
- PNC Plaza - 5 blocks
- Aegon Center - 6 blocks
- Humana - 7 blocks
- National City Tower - 7 blocks
- Brown Forman Corporation - 11 blocks
- Presbyterian Church Headquarters - 2 miles
- Sud Chemie - 3 miles
- UPS - 7 miles
Great restaurants, shopping, the museum district, and golf are also part of what makes Louisville a memorable place. And when you are staying at the elegant Brown Hotel, you are right in the heart of all of the action.
Other Area Attractions in Louisville Include:
- The Brown Theater - Adjacent to Hotel
- Louisville Palace Theatre - 1/2 block
- KFC Yum! Center - 7 blocks
- Kentucky Center for the Arts - 7 blocks
- Muhammad Ali Center - 9 blocks
- Louisville Science Center/IMAX Theatre - 9 blocks
- Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft - 9 blocks
- Glassworks - 10 blocks
- Belle of Louisville - 10 blocks
- Thunder Over Louisville - 10 blocks
- Louisville Slugger Museum - 11 blocks
- Frazier International History Museum - 12 blocks
- Old Louisville - 1 mile
- Slugger Field - 1 mile
- Louisville Stoneware - 1 mile
- University of Louisville - 1 mile
- Louisville Extreme Park - 1 mile
- Waterfront Park - 2 miles
- Joe Ley Antiques - 2 miles
- Louisville Mega Cavern - 7 miles
- Hadley Pottery - 3 miles
- Derby Dinner Playhouse - 4 miles
- Papa John's Cardinal Stadium - 5 miles
- Oxmoor Mall - 13 miles
- Mall St. Matthews - 13 miles
- Quail Chase Golf Course - 15 miles
- Covered Bridge Golf Course - 16 miles
Business travelers to the city will find that the hotel is near to many corporate offices. The Kentucky International Convention Center is four blocks from the hotel and the Kentucky Expo Center is five miles away.